Monday, February 11, 2013

Hey Good Lookin', What's Cookin?

Hehe. I'm so clever. But you wanna know what's more clever? These cute little cupeycakes. Yes I just said cupeycakes. They are just too cute, I can't help it.

During the hours I spend on Pinterest, I found the recipe for Chicken Pot Pie Cupcales here. I made a few modifications based on what I had on hand.

Chicken Pot Pie Cupcakes 
Adapted from: Heather  
Featured on: Sunny Slide Up  

2 cups of cooked chicken breasts diced (being the lazy college kid I am, I opted to buy pre-cooked, frozen chicken breast that was already diced. Thanks for doing all the hard work for me Tyson))
1 can cream of chicken soup (again went for a low fat, less sodium option here)
1 cup frozen mixed veggies (didn't mess with this part, gotta get those veggies in there)
1 can biscuits (I bought a 4 pack and just used one, but the original recipe calls for 2. Being as I was the only one eating them, I was afraid to make too many.)
Sprinkle of pepper (Original called for a bunch of spices I didn't have, I also don't like when things get too salty)
Sprinkle of cheese (Original calls for 1 cup, I felt that was a bit much since I scaled back the number of biscuits I made)

1. Preheat oven to 400
2. If chicken is frozen cook according to package instructions
3. Make sure you use a big bowl here! Add cooked chicken, frozen veggies and soup. Mix it all up.
4. Spray muffin pan
5. Put biscuits in the pan. I flattened them and then put them in, but do however you please.
6. Scoop mixture into the biscuited pan. Yes, I'm making up words here.
7. Add pepper and finish with as much cheese as you you
8. Bake for 8-10 mins

Notes: You kinda have to watch them, because depending on the biscuits you are using, they all bake at different times. Also they might bubble over since this original recipe was intended for more biscuits.

And now for you visual learners:

I know this looks gross, but keep going, it gets way better!
Spray good!

Pile all the yummy stuff in. Try to make it as even as possible.
Bake 'em up.
Now the most important part: post to social media and brag to all your friends. Because that's what cool people do of course.
Lucky for me, I have some leftovers for the rest of the week. Hooray! I love that this is a fast, easy meal. It's nice to be able to throw together some simple ingredients and make a warm meal. This will be made more now. I think I can even get my roommates to eat it to, as long as I do some without the veggies.

I have my first clinical observation hour tomorrow at 8am. Going to the high school. If I remember correctly just about everyone hates that time of day. Should be fun! 

Ashlyn 


No comments:

Post a Comment