Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Playin' in the Snow

I would usually have a Listen Up! post for you today, but I'm gonna skip it for now. 


Today I had two more observations: one at the high school and one in the elementary school. The high school one was pretty painless since all they did was watch a movie so I couldn't even see to even take notes. Which is totally okay, high school is not an age I am interested in. For me, I'm all about the little ones. So I loved every minute of my time I spent in the preschool room today. The teacher was the sweetest. She had come to speak at a meeting I went to and talked to us on how she was using iPads in her classroom. I really liked how she ran her classroom and was so patient and gentle with all the kids.She had a special treat for them today: take a trip outside in the snow! After everyone got bundled up, we headed out to check out the flakes. It was so fun watching them make observations about the snow, patterns our shoes were making and how slippery it was. On the way back inside, one of the girls was having a hard time walking. Her boots were extra slippery so she grabbed my hand and walked hanging on to me all the way to the classroom. That was pretty cool, here I was a complete stranger but she wasn't afraid to reach out and ask for a hand. Punny punny. 

Snow!!
 I could go on and on for hours about this, but it was one of those moments when I was so thankful for the school I'm at and working towards a degree in something I love. Do I doubt my choice sometimes? Yes. Do I wanna quit and just give up? Well yea, don't we all? Do I regret really going after what I want? Never. There will be many more hours of observations involved, more papers to write and more tests to pass. I know this is something I want to do and I know it won't come easy. It's gonna be work, but I'm ready. I just have to remember when I am having a rough day, think about in a few years what I will be able to do. All my years in school have taught me everything I know, with a few life lessons thrown in. My favorite one my grandpa tells us, "Don't take any wooden nickels". 

I found this image on Pinterest. You didn't think I could go a whole post without talking about Pinterest did you? 

Source
I kinda really like this message here. Bottom line, I may not know exactly what my future holds, but I'm ready. Bring it on.

I was all over the place there, but thank you for sticking with me.

Ashlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment