Monday, January 14, 2013

75% of the way done with first day of classes

My first 3 classes where really good! I am really gonna be into my 8am which is a personal fitness class. I had never had a class in The School of Kinesiology and Recreation. I don't know what I am doing in The College of Education, this building was beautiful. But I really can't spell kinesiology without looking it up so I think College of Education is a good fit for me. Granted it is only about 2 years old, it is has updated classrooms with all that fancy high tech stuff. For that class I also have a lab at 12. I'm looking forward to getting the hands on experience of trying different exercises and spending time doing things I already enjoy doing. Also of note, the professor is from Australia. So cool to listen to. I can see myself getting distracted because I am listening to him talk. Wait that sounds weird. Please tell me I'm not the only one who listens to the teacher for the way they sound? Okay I know I'm a different duck.  

And who doesn't love an English class? The one I'm enrolled in this semester is focused on Children's Lit. I wish it was all picture books. Sadly it is not. I will have to face one of my fears. For part of this class, we have to view the movie Dennis the Menace. I think it has a really cute story line, but there is one downer for me. This guy: 

Soure: Found this lovely image in an article, "7 Incredibly Scary Children's Movies". I googled "scary guy from dennis the menace." 
I won't be able to sleep tonight, that guy seriously scares the crap out of me. My brother will have a good laugh. 

Because I have the bestest major ever I get to take an Art class for my major course work. I'm super excited for this one. I have some friends (if you can call people I have had a class with before and kinda know friends?) in this class. I think this class has a lot to offer and the teacher seems to be very organized and enjoy the class. But the best part? She has a dog or as she calls it "mascot" named Max. I almost cried I was so happy. I love dogs. But it always makes me miss my little buddy at home. 

He was laying on top of the clean and folded laundry. He likes to be right in the middle of whatever I'm doing. And he loves Bounce sheets. He will come up to clothes after I take them out of the dryer and hunt through it for the dryer sheet. Funny thing is he just likes to hold it, he doesn't shred it. It's a nice way to freshen up, isn't it Max? I wish the same would work for humans.

 My Art professor let us out reallllyyyyy early today so I am chilling in Club Milner aka the library on campus. I don't think I have ever seen the place so empty. I felt stupid taking the picture, but there are people who have no idea what they are doing walking around and snapping pictures of themselves with books. Awkward...



It's great for taking pictures of myself.


Sorry bout the hat hair, it's cold out folks. Don't worry I fixed it after I saw the crazy part.

I think that's enough rambling for now. Looking forward to watching TV with the roomies tonight. Monday night = The Bachelor. 

Happy Monday! Look for a Listen Up post sometime tomorrow! 

Ashlyn 


No comments:

Post a Comment